30. Don't You Want Me - Blaine and Rachel
Has there ever been a better singing duo? (Yes probably many, but for me Rachel Berry and Blaine Warbler will always be my favourite!) 29. Halo / Walking On Sunshine - Glee Girls
WOW! Every episode of season 1 of Glee got better and better. This was definitely one of the highlights for me.
28. PYT (Pretty Young Thing) - Arty
Arty has got to be the most talented male singer on the show (sorry Kurt fans). I cannot wait for him and Tina to shine in season 4!
27. Thong Song - Mr Shu
Mr Shu never ceases to amaze me.
26. Marry You – New Directions
I just love Bruno Mars, and I loved this rendition of Jill and Kevin's wedding! The moment Finn's mum danced down the isle I couldn't hold back my tears any longer.
This song was such a great wrap up the mid season finale for season one. This song reminds me of how excited I would get when it was time for Glee and how ever episode would blow me out of the water with how talented these actors are. I feel that after three seasons, we've taken Glee for granted and keep expecting bigger and better, when it is Glee who has always set the standards for the biggest and the best.
24. Sweet Caroline - Puck
I just love Puck's voice. He really should have gotten more solos and lead songs.
23. I Feel Pretty/ Unpretty - Quinn & Rachel
This duet between the two frienemys was so honest and truthful. So many girls, including myself, would have related to both Quinn and Rachel in that episode and how all we want is to feel attractive and accepted. And although their voices are so different, one sweet like honey and the other [insert something much more powerful and confident], however they complemented each other perfectly in this song. Beautiful.
I had to combine these two into one song. The first originally written songs for Glee and they had so much meaning to the characters. They deserved to win and win they did.
21. Turning Tables – Holly Holiday
Gwyneth Paltrow did this song justice.
20. Dance With Somebody - Santana and Britney
Britana / NeMo / HeYa etc are another one of my favourite duos (equal with Santana & Mercedes and Rachel & Blaine) and this song showed both girl's strengths. You could tell both were in their element, Santana with her Whitney bow, singing and laughing, and Britney's dancing owning the stage.
19. Thriller/ Heads Will Roll – New Directions
Great mash ups of two great but different songs. Also, I love Yeah Yeah Yeahs!
18. Empire State of Mind – New Directions
Perfect cast number. It had all the elements, Arty rapping, Santana breaking it down, Britney's dancing and Mercedes powerful belting.
17. River Deep, Mountain High – Santana and Mercedes
WOW what a performance! This was a match made in Glee heaven! The two most compatible voices on the show in my opinion, and definitely should have won the dinner at Breadstix.
16. Poker Face – Rachel and Shelby
I love both women and both of their strong voices. There definitely needs to be more of these two.
15. Silly Love Songs - Blaine
This song represents all my Valentines Days. If only I had Blaine singing it to me.
This song represents all my Valentines Days. If only I had Blaine singing it to me.
14. Shake It Out – Santana, Mercedes and Tina
I hope this isn't the last we hear of this trio.
13. Blackbird - Kurt
12. Bohemian Rhapsody – Jesse St James & Vocal Adrenaline
5. Cough Syrup – Blaine
This song is one of my favourites from Young The Giant. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the first few beats, quickly recognising it, but at the same time choaking back tears from the emotional scene. It was absolutely perfect.
4. We Are Young – New Directions
3. Valerie – Santana
2. How Will I Know - Mercedes, Rachel, Santana and Kurt
I fell in love with Kurt too.
12. Bohemian Rhapsody – Jesse St James & Vocal Adrenaline
Cannot deny this was a brilliant performance. However, since this song was not sung buy the New Directions, I felt it wasn't right for it to be in the top 10. However, to leave it out of the list entirely would have been ridiculous!
11. Somewhere Only We Know – Blaine & Warblers
11. Somewhere Only We Know – Blaine & Warblers
Blaine is just fabulous.
10. To Sir, With Love – New Directions
I could not control my tears.10. To Sir, With Love – New Directions
9. Jessie’s Girl - Finn
As soon as the beats began and Finn started singing "Jessie is a friend..." I got off my seat and started jumping up and down, shaking my booty. Brilliant song and Finn sang it perfectly.
8. The Only Exception – Rachel
8. The Only Exception – Rachel
Breath taking performance that was so believable.
7. When I Get You Alone – Blaine & Warblers
7. When I Get You Alone – Blaine & Warblers
Anything that Blaine sings is both amazing and adorable. This was the song that made me fall in love with him.
6. Songbird – Santana
6. Songbird – Santana
Anything Santana sings is amazing.
5. Cough Syrup – Blaine
This song is one of my favourites from Young The Giant. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the first few beats, quickly recognising it, but at the same time choaking back tears from the emotional scene. It was absolutely perfect.
4. We Are Young – New Directions
And the team is back together!
3. Valerie – Santana
I will never forget the first time I heard Santana sing a solo.
2. How Will I Know - Mercedes, Rachel, Santana and Kurt
I listened to this song on repeat for weeks. My favourite singers singing one of my favourite Whitney Huston songs using such a beautiful arrangement.
And finally....
1. Rumor Has It/ Someone Like You - TroubletonesAnd finally....
If I was only able to listen to one song for the rest of my life, it would be this one. Santana's performance enhanced the song perfectly - the sway, the looks at Brittney, the false eyelashes and the slap at the end. Perfect.
Thanks to those who stuck around and read to the end. I know it was a lengthy post but really, with so many great songs - as if it was even possible to have less than a top 30!
Agree or disagree? Let me know in the comments below!
Agree or disagree? Let me know in the comments below!
Next up.. Top Glee Episodes.
No comments:
Post a Comment